Friday, July 8, 2011

Asian Quail


Comment: I have made Quail several times this week. The Asian sauce I used to glaze this quail is incredibly good. It has a sweet and spicy flavor. The main ingredients in the sauce are hoisin, sesame, chilli garlic sauce and ginger. There is not a lot of meat on a quail so I usually try and serve it with a more filling side. I served this dish with mushroom risotto cakes. Honestly, I did not like the way my risotto cakes turned out. So far, my favorite way to serve quail is with this sauce and steak fries. I saute the quail in butter for a few minutes, then bake them for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F, brushing them with sauce every 5 minutes.


Sauce Recipe

Note – I only use the first 6 ingredients for the sauce. I do not add the chicken broth or cornstarch when I make this dish and only use green onions to garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment