Friday, July 8, 2011

Double Chocolate Cookies

Comment – This cookie recipe comes from the book “Sarabeth’s Bakery: From My Hands to Yours”. It is definitely worth checking out at the library. It contains restaurant recipes from Sarabeth’s bakery that look absolutely fabulous. This is the first recipe I have tried from her book and I am, so far, very impressed.  These chocolate cookies quickly became my new favorite. They have a chewy meringue like outer shell. The chocolate cookie base has extra chocolate chips mixed throughout it. They turned out thicker than I expected.

Note - I blended regular sugar to make superfine sugar. Also, I made the cookies with heaping Tablespoons and backed them for 15 min. The bottoms burned when I baked them for the recommended 17 min. I left out the nuts because I didn’t have any, but still really liked the way they turned out.

Recipe (scroll to the bottom of the page once you click the link)

No comments:

Post a Comment