Friday, July 8, 2011

Blackened Tilapia with Mango Salsa, Avocado and Chipotle Mayo


Comment – I got the idea for this recipe from the Catch 35 restaurant in Chicago. I knew I had to recreate the sandwich when I tried it. The combination of flavors is incredibly good. The mango gives a sweetness while the chipotle peppers and blacking spice provide heat and a smokey flavor. The avocado slices balance out the flavor as well. I would have put them on top of the salsa for the picture, but they were covering everything. I used ciabatta bread like the restaurant. The recipes that I found online helped me to recreate the dish and provided a restaurant quality result. It is one of my new favorite recipes.


Blackened Tilapia Recipe 

Mango Salsa Recipe

Chipotle Mayo Recipe

Note – Add avocado slices

No comments:

Post a Comment