Friday, July 8, 2011

Olive Tapenade

Comment – I think you have to acquire a taste for this olive tapenade, especially if you have never tried Calamata olives (salty) before. I liked it better the 2nd or 3rd time that I tried it. I think it is especially good mixed with white fish and stuffed in filo dough. I still top the pastry with a little extra chilled tapenade for extra flavor. I used filo dough and parsley to garnish the fish with tapenade in the photos above. We tried a store bought version of olive tapenade recently and thought it was not very good compared to this recipe. I think this olive tapenade would be good served on a baguette or with crackers too. The recipe comes from a chef that works at Panzano restaurant in Denver, CO.


Recipe

Note – I do not add the olive oil. I use sun dried tomatoes packed in oil and think it turns out oily enough without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment