Friday, July 8, 2011

Orange Jell-o Flavored Cookies


Comment – These orange jello cookies are easy to make and have great flavor. The texture of the dough reminds me of play dough after it has set up in the fridge overnight. The consistency allows you to easily shape the dough. I chose to make flowers.

Sugar Cookie Recipe
Note –  I mixed a small package of orange jello with a couple tablespoons of water over medium heat to dissolve the sugar. Than I added the wet cookie ingredients to it. I waited for the mixture to cool down before adding the eggs to it. I cut the sugar cookie recipe in half and added an addition 1/2 cup of flour to thicken up the dough.  Also, I reduced the amount of sugar to 1/4 cup because of the sweetness from the jello.

To make the flowers - I formed all the petals into equal sized balls of dough. I made a slightly bigger ball for the center of the flower and pressed it down so that it had a flat surface on top. I made an indent in the center of each ball of dough for the petals with my thumb or fingers, then shaped them into petals. If the petals are touching the center of the flower before baking they will stick to it once cooked. I cooked the flowers for about 10 min at 350 degrees F.

No comments:

Post a Comment