Friday, July 8, 2011

Bignoli ~ Italian Dessert

Comment – I saw bignoli desserts in restaurants and bakeries when we were in Italy. When I came home I looked up recipes for it online and found one written in Italian. I had to use google translate to view it. I found out that the dessert consists of stacked cream puffs filled with vanilla custard, covered in chocolate ganache with whip cream decorations. I had made cream puffs before and decided to stick to my original recipe for them. The dessert turned out delicious and I would recommend it to anyone.
Pastry recipe(To find the recipe, follow the link, look at the Eclair post. you’ll find the recipe there listed as Pate a Choux)

Pastry Cream Recipe
Chocolate Ganache
3 cups chocolate (I used milk chocolate because its my favorite)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
Over low heat, melt chocolate with butter. When melted add in cream, and vanilla.
Serve this dessert chilled or frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment