Friday, July 8, 2011

Finger Steaks


Comment – This recipe comes from my Mom's friend Pam. It became a family favorite when I was a kid. My Mom made them with cube steak and chicken. She liked to serve scallop potatoes as a side dish with them. My husband and I try not to deep fry food, but we have made a few exceptions for this dish. I think finger steaks are best dipped in fry sauce. 


2-3 chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
1-2 cups flour
4-5 eggs
2-3 cups cracker or bread crumbs
Canola oil – enough to fill up 1/4 to 1/2 of your pot


Fry Sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup ketchup
Mix together and serve


Put the eggs in a bowl and stir them together. Put the flour and breadcrumbs on separate plates. Now you’re ready to batter the finger steaks. Dip the chicken pieces first in flour, then in the egg mixture, and then the breadcrumbs.

Put the canola oil in a pot on the stove on low heat. After the oil heats put a few handfuls of finger steaks in and cook for 3-5 min. Check the finger steaks to make sure they are done on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment