Friday, July 8, 2011

Chocolate Cup filled with Raspberry Cheesecake and a Brownie

Comment – This dessert made the perfect end to a wonderful Valentines dinner. I got the idea from Salty’s restaurant in Portland, OR. The only thing I would do differently is add gelatin to the raspberry cheesecake because it did not firm up as much as it was suppose to.

Cheesecake Recipe
Alteration – I used 1 tsp raspberry extract instead of vanilla, white chocolate chips instead of semi sweet, white sugar instead of brown sugar, a brownie base instead of crumb crust & folded in 1 cup of raspberries.

Brownie base recipe – (I baked them in a 9 inch round spring form pan for 25 min and let them rest for 30 min. Then I cut them into circles…they don’t have to be perfect)

Chocolate cups -
1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1 bag white chocolate chips

Video 1 – The basic idea for decorating your own chocolate cup. I put a picture of the cupid and heard under my acetate sheet and pipped on the chocolate shapes. You can buy transfer sheets with cocoa butter patterns already on them if you want.

Video 2 – The basic idea for making a dessert cup. You can use cups or anything to mold the chocolate.


Raspberry sauce -
raspberries
Powdered sugar to taste
Blend and strain out the seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment