Friday, July 8, 2011

Salmon Pinwheel – Florentine


Comment – I got the idea for making these Salmon pinwheels from the Hyvee (grocery store) deli. They were selling for $4.50 a slice. They turned out great and my husband especially liked them. Next time I am going to leave out the roasted red peppers and add sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts instead. I also think a baguette would go nicely with this meal.


Recipe

Note – I left out the mustard and spices. I added one large clove garlic. 1 Tbsp chopped onion, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper , 1 box frozen spinach instead of 1 cup, and 3-4 Tbsp chopped roasted red pepper. I squeezed out the water in the spinach and sauteed everything except for the ricotta and feta. Then I mixed it all together and spread it across the back side of the salmon (where I cut the skin off because that side is messier looking). I cut a quarter to 1/2 of the width from the top of the salmon fillet before rolling the pinwheels so they would roll and cook easier. I rolled 2 half’s of the salmon fillet up separately, but you could roll the whole fillet up to get larger pinwheels. I sliced them in about 1 inch widths and baked them for 20 min at 350 degrees F.

No comments:

Post a Comment