Friday, July 8, 2011

Quail with Plum Chipotle Sauce


Comment: I wanted to try making Quail ever since I saw a picture of it in a venetian cookbook I checked out from the library. I later watched a You Tube video of the Le Pigeon restaurant preparing Quail for a competition and decided to go out looking for it at the store. I was able to find 6 quail in a package at the Asian market close to where I live. I found the recipe I used online. The sauce/BBQ is plum chipotle sauce. I thought it was a great match for the Quail. I altered it a little (see note below) and it turned out sweet and spicy. The flavor of Quail meat reminds me a lot of Turkey, except for that it was more moist. There is not a lot of meat on them, so I would recommend serving the dish with a large side or two.


Recipe
Alterations -
I doubled the amount of honey the recipe called for because my plums were not very sweet. I only added 2 chipotle peppers from the can, which I thought gave it the perfect amount of heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment