Friday, July 8, 2011

Thick Sugar Cookies ~ Valentines Day


Comment – These sugar cookies have the thickness of a brownie and are soft and delicious. I topped them with a raspberry (extract) butter cream frosting. The first time I tried these cookies was at church around Valentines. They were topped with a regular vanilla butter cream frosting and many of the girls asked for the recipe. The link below is a similar recipe and I have listed the alterations below to recreate the original cookie.


Recipe
Note – I used 1 cup regular sugar and 1/2 cup powdered sugar instead of 2 cups of sugar and I used 2 eggs instead of 4.
I added 1 cup sour cream and 2 tsp baking powder in addition to all of the ingredients listed in this recipe.

Butter cream frosting -
1 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
4 tsp raspberry extract or more
a few drops of red food coloring
4 cups powdered sugar

whip all ingredients together. Wait until cookies have cooled to frost them.

No comments:

Post a Comment