Friday, July 8, 2011

Tilapia with Macadamia Nuts and White Chocolate Sauce

Comment: I believe this recipe is on the Red Lobster’s restaurant menu. I watched the you tube video on how to make it and liked the idea of creating a tropical dish with fish, coconut milk, lemon, white chocolate and macadamia nuts. I noticed that the recipe on the Red Lobster site differs a little from the video that was created for the dish. I added 1/2 cup coconut milk into the sauce recipe and would recommend doing that. Also, I added about 3 oz of chocolate, which is more than what the recipe calls for because I wanted it to be sweeter. I thought the dish was excellent. The sauce had a sweet and tangy flavor and the crunch from the macadamia nuts added another dimension. I will only add chopped and toasted macadamia nuts to the fish instead of all the other recommended breading ingredients next time. You could probably get a way with substituting coconut milk instead of cream in the sauce too.


Recipe

Video

No comments:

Post a Comment