Friday, July 8, 2011

Peppermint Cookie


Comment
– The flavor combination of these cookies turned out really good. I used a recipe that I found online for the cookie base. I was unable to make the filling that went along with the recipe because I didn’t have the ingredients on hand. So, I made a peppermint butter-cream frosting instead that I have used on chocolate cupcakes in the past. Things got messy when I tried to roll the edges of the frosting in the crushed peppermint candy.


Cookie base recipe


FrostingPeppermint Butter-cream
1/2 cup (1 sticks) butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract

1. beat butter until creamy.
2. add 2 cups of sifted powdered sugar, milk, and peppermint extract, beat until combined.
Optional – Roll in crushed candy cane

No comments:

Post a Comment