Friday, July 8, 2011

Cheese filled Pork Chop with Apple Chutney


Comment: I found this recipe online. Its from the Oswego Grill restaurant in Portland, OR. The pork chops get stuffed with fontina cheese and are served with apple chutney. I thought it was difficult bringing the thick cut of meat up to temperature when cooking. Also, It was a constant battle trying to keep the cheese inside from spilling out. The chutney turned out very sweet. All of the flavors combined (sage, cinnamon, cranberries) reminded me of the holidays. In the video, the chef said he added a cinnamon stick to the chutney, but the accompanying recipe does not list it. I added a cinnamon stick to the chutney I made and would recommend it. The dish turned out pretty good. Although, I was disappointed that the cheese escaped from the center and that the meat turned out a little dry.


Recipe

Video

No comments:

Post a Comment