Friday, July 8, 2011

Pork Chops with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce


Comment: I was inspired to create this dish after seeing a picture with similar presentation in one of my cookbooks. The recipe idea came from the Ringside Steakhouse restaurant.


Sauce – The sauce turned out good but was a little too sweet and didn’t have the consistency that I wanted. You can get bottled raspberry chipotle sauce at the grocery store or you could use the recipe below that I discovered about a year after I made this post.

Raspberry Chipotle Sauce recipe. Note – The sauce is a little sweet. I strain out the chipotle peppers before serving the sauce because they are really spicy.

Pork – I cooked 3 pork chops and used half of the slices for this dish. I cooked them in a saute pan in butter for a few min on each side over medium heat after adding salt and pepper. Then I backed them for 350 degrees for 10-15 min (until temp reaches 170 degrees). With a sharp knife I cut thin strips and placed them on top of my mashed potatoes.

Potatoes – I quartered and boiled them for 20 min. They were mashed up without their skins. My husband mixes sour cream in them to make them creamy. Use any dish you have to mold them and put them on your plate. A ring mold would be ideal.

Garnish – rosemary & raspberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment