Friday, July 8, 2011

Cheesecake Cookies



Comment: I wanted to try making cookies with a pudding mix, and wondered if that’s what subway did with their new raspberry cheesecake cookies. I found a recipe close to what I was looking for (link below) and decided to add a box of cheesecake pudding mix to it. The recipe calls for Bisquick and is so easy to make. I didn’t think the cookies turned out sweet enough so I added a sugar glaze over the top. I could taste the cheesecake, but there was also a prominent Bisquick flavor. A few days later I tried the recipe again using regular flour instead of Bisquick and I still didn’t think the cheesecake flavor was strong enough. Both cookies had a granular texture because of the pudding powder. Next time I will use 2 boxes of cheesecake mix and dissolve them in a few Tbsp of milk before adding them to the cookie dough mixture.

Recipe 

Note – I added 1/2 cup raspberries to half the batch. I added 1/4 cup blackberries to the other half of the batch of cookie dough. I baked them for 8 min at 350 degrees.
The glaze was powdered sugar with enough water to make it runny.

No comments:

Post a Comment