Friday, July 8, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bombe


Comment – This dessert is delicious and impressive. I used peanut butter chocolate ice cream, a brownie base and chocolate coating. The garnish is a chocolate lattice with caramelized peanut butter popcorn.



Recipe


1 box ice cream – any flavor
2 batches of brownies Recipe
24 oz of chocolate (to be on the safe side)

Directions
I use a special half circle pan to mold the ice cream. You can choose any flavor, but it is important to line the pan with plastic wrap before filling it. Otherwise the ice cream will stick to the pan and will create a big mess. I used a brownie base and set the molded ice cream carefully on top of it. Since I dont have a brownie pan right now I used a 9 inch round spring form pan using this homemade brownie Recipe. Then I heated chocolate up with just enough oil to coat it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until it was melted. Then I poured the chocolate over the dessert on a rack. You have to have a lot of melted chocolate when pouring it over the dessert to make sure that you get every spot the first time around. Otherwise the chocolate will get built up in places and will not be smooth. I chilled the desserts between all of these steps. This recipe takes patience. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment