Friday, July 8, 2011

Shrimp Gnocchi with Preserved Lemon


Comment – This recipe comes from  the restaurant Paley’s Place in Portland, OR. I had heard a lot about gnocchi and wanted to try making it. I made a few changes and thought the dish turned out great. The gnocchi were full of cheesy flavor and paired nicely with the seafood and preserved lemon. I really liked the presentation of the dish too.


Note:
I added 1/4 cup Parmesan to the gnocchi mixture giving it a more cheesy flavor and texture. The herbs will turn the gnocchi mixture green if they are blended and not stirred in. I used fresh thyme instead of summer savory and low fat ricotta instead of regular. I also baked the gnocchi at 500 degrees F in lemon butter (4 Tbsp butter to 1 Tbsp lemon juice) after I boiled them. The result was a soft center with a chewy outside layer.  If you bake them at the same temperature I did you will have to watch them carefully because they brown easily. I flipped them after a few minutes so they would brown evenly. I didn’t really like the butter sauce around the plate and will omit it next time.

Recipe link

No comments:

Post a Comment